Product Platform Configurations
The Advice Engine can be configured by the customer to match their investment advisory process. DAAP supports setting up multiple Product Platform Configurations (“Product Platform“) that can be used across the platform.
By definition a product platform in Quantfolio consist of the following:
- Investment universe
- Asset classes
- Portfolio model
- Cost models
When allowing for configuration of different product platforms, we can provide you a wider flexibility when it comes to the available portfolios for your investors. Instruments and asset classes along with its attributes are supported in many languages. By design, the risk model is similar across the different product platform configurations. You as a user of the platform can set up as many product platforms you need, to serve your advisors.
We observe that many financial institutions have different portfolios they offer to their investors, based on certain criteria. This feature aims to serve that need and allow for working with and give advice on the different Product Platform Configurations, depending on the need of the advisor / investor.
There are several use cases for Product Platform Configurations:
- Financial institutions that offer different portfolios for pension products (typically Unit Link or similar) and at the same time offer ordinary portfolios set up different product platform configurations for the two type of advises.
- Financial institutions that wants to offer separate portfolios for actively managed funds and passive funds, can set up different product platforms for the respective portfolios
- Financial institutions that wants to offer hybrid fund portfolios in addition to ordinary fund portfolios can set up different product platform configurations for the respective portfolios
- Financial institutions that wants to offer different portfolios for HNWI-investors and retail investors can set up different product platform configurations that can be used by the different type of investors.
The different use cases can be combined.
There are several ways you can use the different product platforms in Deep Alpha Advisory Platform:
- All of our APIs support doing analysis on the different platforms, by referring to the platform of your choice
- In the advisor solution you will use the Product Platform Advisor to easily assess which product platform that is recommended to use for the investor, based on a questionnaire and other relevant information. In addition, it serves the purpose of documenting why the respective product platform is selected. You can read more about the functionality here:
- Product platform advisor
- Product platform advisor model
To summarize, Product Platform Configurations gives you flexibility to work with different product platforms in our solution.