Product Platform Advisor
The product platform advisor is the core functionality for financial institutions that operate with multiple portfolio configurations. It serves the purpose of assisting the advisors with selecting a product configuration and documenting the selection.
The product platform advisor can be turned on and made available on the advisory page of the advice flow. It consists of a list of preference questions and a recommendation tab. Based on the investor's answers, the advisor will select which product configuration should be used for each goal.
The preference questions are customizable and used to assess what product configuration is relevant for the investor. In addition to this, the product platform advisor can enforce predefined rules related to the following criteria:
- Minimum time horizon for the investment
- Minimum monthly saving amount
- Maximum monthly saving amount
- Whether the saving goal is pension or not
An example of preference questions:
The recommendation tab lists all available product configurations that the advisor can select from. The advisor can use this to select the relevant product configuration and document the reason for the selection:
The product platform advisor has a built-in flexibility to define rules on how the assessment questions will affect the selection. Various rulesets can automatically control the accessibility of specific product portfolios. For instance, it is possible to rule out product portfolios that require a higher deposit amount if the investor's saving plan does not meet the defined level.
You can configure the product platform advisor to enforce rules about the assessment of the preferences. This will allow for you to make some of the product configurations unavailable.
Main use cases for product platform advisor:
- Financial institution offer mutual funds through a standard fund platform in addition to Unit Link products for pension goals
- Financial institution offer the investor the option to select between passive fund portfolios and active fund portfolios
- Financial institution offer the investors broad fund portfolios in addition to hybrid funds
- All of the above combined
Key benefits of the product platform advisor:
- Increased documentation of the selection of product configurations
- Ability for the advisors to select between the different product configurations
- Assistance to the advisor when selecting the product configuration